TEGNA Media is breaking the mold for how to drive marketing results. We have committed vast resources to transform our sales operations into a market leading, solution driven resource, for our partners delivering the highest level of customer service. Through a combination TEGNA’s suite of client centric marketing strategies we are at the forefront of technology focused on delivering results for our customers. To compete and win in the new media landscape we need innovative sales leaders to join us on this journey and be part of our future growth and success. Are you ready to join the team at 5 On Your Side in St. Louis?
5 On Your Side in St. Louis is seeking an experienced Local Sales Manager. This position is responsible for leading a sales strategy that will focus on the development of new enterprise business to successfully deliver customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms including television, OTT, digital, and other emerging products. The Local Sales Manager will be responsible for developing a strong, forward thinking sales team and will successfully work with all levels of the St. Louis business community. The position reports to the Director of Sales.
If you can answer yes to these questions, this job might be right for you:
• I have a demonstrated track record of success in media sales?
• I would like to be a part of reshaping the way a media company operates?
• I am equally passionate about developing the members of my team as I am about overachieving the budget?
• It excites me to think I would have the best set of digital and attribution tools in the business?
• I am seen as a leader and innovator?
• I like the intensity of a fast-moving environment?
• Manage key local accounts with account executives
• Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms
• Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling
• Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification
• Expand core business by introducing new products and services; developing new applications
• Coach and lead account executives by participating in client meetings, building deep relationships with decision makers
• Responsible for setting the pace and constantly providing feedback to account executives to improve their performance
• Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts
• Lead account executives in the development of media campaigns designed to super serve customers through multi-platform solutions and TEGNA attribution
• Bachelors degree in related field
• 2+ years of sales management experience in television, digital or media industry preferred
• Documented record of exceeding budgeted revenue goals
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance
• Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, WideOrbit Sales, WideOrbit Traffic and Salesforce
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.