KSDK-TV in St. Louis, MO is seeking a dynamic Executive Assistant who will use independent judgment and discretion to provide executive administrative support to KSDK’s Executive staff. The ideal candidate is experienced in handling a wide range of executive support tasks with the ability to work independently and proactively with a positive demeanor.
• Excellent organizational and communicational skills, tact, poise, leadership qualities, and the ability to take independent action while maintaining a strong work ethic, confidentiality and attention to detail.
• Must be proactive and demonstrate consistent follow-through, judgment, time management, prioritization, and possess the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Responsible for coordinating calendars, scheduling meetings, composing correspondence, receiving and routing messages, answering inquiries, processing e-mail, arranging travel and reconciling expenses.
• Establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional business relationships with all levels of management, employees, company executives and outside companies.
• Triage incoming email from viewers on a timely basis. Coordinate messaging with appropriate manager. Manage incoming mail, including time sensitive documents such as subpoenas.
• Assists in the preparation of presentations, meetings, and conferences, including coordinating facilities, telecommunication and equipment needs as required. Graphic design experience is a plus.
• Assist with special reports and special projects as required.
• Assist recruiting with scheduling interviews, I-9 administration and employee contracts.
• Manage calendars for GM and director of content as requested.
• Assist with additional administrative duties as necessary.
The candidate also has the ability to work well in supporting a dynamic and fast-paced organization and managing multiple tasks and conflicting priorities proactively, with accuracy, flexibility and attention to detail. The position requires a high level of discretion and strict confidentiality of company proprietary information.
• College degree (or equivalent) plus minimum of 3 years’ experience providing executive level administrative support
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organization skills, ability to work on multiple projects and track multiple deadlines with little follow-up
• Demonstrated ability to organize daily workload by priorities
• In-depth understanding and mastery of the entire MS Office suite, with ability to learn new software, systems and technologies
• Excellent interpersonal skills, self-starter needing little supervision, demonstrating consistent follow-through, judgment and time management skills
• Proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills.
• “Whatever it takes” attitude
• Interest in local news a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.