Meredith is seeking an Account Development Consultant with a winning attitude to work in a competitive, collaborative, and fast-paced marketing environment. Must be able to provide marketable solutions to complex marketing demands. This team-oriented position will be responsible for continually recruiting potential clients, determining marketing needs, and assisting the marketing team by creating and presenting proposals to the prospective clients. This position will be responsible for continually developing new business for strategic team, while meeting and exceeding all revenue goals as set by management
One to two years media sales (TV, radio, cable) experience preferred. Proven track record of sales accomplishments and development of successful sales presentations.
Essential Job Functions:
35% – Continually recruit and set appointments with potential clients while utilizing an outbound and inbound lead system. Strategize clients and categories for target.
25% – Continue to develop new business for the team and obtain all revenue goals as set by management.
15% – Assist marketing team with developing campaigns for prospective clients. Collaborate in the presentation of campaigns to the clients.
15% – Provide necessary client support after client campaigns are sold to ensure team success and maintenance of strong client relationship.
10% – Maintains understanding of local market ratings, competitive media, station strengths, industry and product knowledge. Utilizes supplementary market research. Remains updated regarding industry trends through trade publications and marketing seminars.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements (All must be met to be considered):
Bachelor’s degree highly preferred, or equivalent work experience. Related sales/marketing courses and seminars helpful.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Excellent communication and strong people skills required.
– Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of competitive media preferred.
– Adept at research and strategizing client needs.
– Strong sales skills; ability to create effective sales promotions; adaptable and effective negotiating skills.
– Solid computer skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint; knowledge of Nielsen,
– WideOrbit, ComScore and Scarborough a plus.
– Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, goal-driven, competitive and fast-paced environment.
– Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
– Self-starter who can work independently and adapt quickly to different selling situations.
– Valid driver’s license is required.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
View other opportunities with Meredith: