Cumulus Media Columbia-Jefferson City is offering a great opportunity as a part-time Producer/Board Operator providing programming and control board support to On-Air Talent. Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and be highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The position requires extreme reliability and flexibility. If you are a fast-learner familiar with audio equipment and automation, have a positive attitude around others, and have a passion for radio, we would like to hear from you.
Who we are:
The seven Cumulus Mid-Missouri stations serve Columbia, Jefferson City, Lake of the Ozarks, and all of Mid-Missouri. In the Columbia-Jefferson City market we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful problem solvers who have are driven to succeed.
Cumulus owns and operates 415 radio stations in 86 U.S. media markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 7,300 stations worldwide. Over 250 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success, and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee.
– Running the board in a radio station control room broadcasting a variety of live or syndicated radio programs.
– Playing all commercials as scheduled and maintaining a commercial and transmitter log.
– Selecting bumper music, when needed, and back-timing live segments for a smooth transitions between local and network content.
– Monitors and updates weather, and inserts into automation equipment.
– Monitor for breaking news alerts
– Monitor the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from the control room.
– Troubleshoot errors, and communicate technical difficulties with engineering.
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
– Some radio experience is preferred.
– Weekend availability is required; Most of the hours are on the weekend.
– Audio production skills are preferred.
– Familiarity with audio mixers is preferred
– Basic computer skills are required
– Flexibility in scheduling is required.
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at https://www.cumulusmedia.com/careers/
You will need to provide a resume, ratings history, and references. Also provide a 5 minute demo of production projects written and produced by you, and a 3 minute demo of your on-air experience.
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).