Cumulus Media Columbia-Jefferson City has a rare opening for a Program Director/Production Director. This person will be responsible for all aspects of programming on our leading AC station, Soft Rock 101.5 KPLA. You will also be responsible for managing our production department, and work closely with our sales team to develop creative marketing solutions for local businesses.
As program director for KPLA, you will be responsible for all aspects of programming including: music scheduling, managing and coaching on-air staff, imaging, station strategy, developing and executing revenue generating sales and programming promotions. Candidate must also have a full understanding and embrace of digital and social media. Online strategies must be as engaging as on-air execution.
As production director, experience with writing and producing high quality creative messages is required. You will be responsible for ensuring that all spots are properly produced, and airing as scheduled across our seven brands. More importantly, you will work closely with our sales team to develop creative ideas that will help our clients succeed.
Who we are:
The seven Cumulus Mid-Missouri stations are based in Columbia, a city that is home to the University of Missouri. Our stations also serve the state capital, Jefferson City, Lake of the Ozarks, and all of Mid-Missouri. In the Columbia-Jefferson City market we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
Cumulus owns and operates 415 radio stations in 86 U.S. media markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 7,300 stations worldwide. Over 250 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success, and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee.
Columbia is a great place to work and live! If you would thrive around a vibrant music and arts scene, SEC sports, and a great parks and trail system, you’ll love Columbia. You’ll be surrounded by an awesome team, work in great facilities, have all the tools for success, and work for a great company that will mentor you and make you a star.
– Successful track record as a PD
– Generate creative ideas that benefit listeners and drive revenue
– Exceptional attention to detail in execution of day-to-day functions
– Technical expertise with studio equipment and software
– Best in class creative writing and production skills
– Ability to work with sales to develop strong creative messaging for local business.
– Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
What we Offer:
• Cumulus offers an opportunity to embark on a career with one of leading media companies in the U.S.
• Recognition and reward for outstanding performance.
• Competitive Pay and the ability to increase income.
• Benefits, vacation, and paid holidays offered to all full time employees.
• Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account with company match, 401k with company match, and Life and Disability coverage.
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at https://www.cumulusmedia.com/careers/ You will need to provide a resume, ratings history, and references. Also provide a 5 minute demo of production projects written and produced by you, and a 3 minute demo of your on-air experience.
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).