Alpha Media – Moberly is seeking a full-time News Director/On-Air Announcer to lead the news department and take it to the next level. The ideal candidate is an on-air personality with at least one year of experience who is capable of wearing many hats on the programming team and has a passion for radio. Duties will include news writing and reading, an on air shift on our country music station, audio production, and on location broadcasts for a community-minded group of stations with an emphasis on local news, weather, and sports coverage. Knowledge of WordPress and video production a plus. The successful candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated individual with an engaging on-air presence.
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
– Lead the news efforts of a five-station cluster.
– Anchor newscasts and oversee daily assignments and programming content.
– Write news stories and produce spot news reports and post to station website.
– Interact with local government and law enforcement agencies.
– Work closely with management and staff in all departments with result-oriented teamwork goals.
– Other duties as assigned by the Operations Director and consistent with the position.
Requirements for this position include the following:
– Knowledge of principles and techniques of radio broadcast production, editor duties, and responsibilities.
– Strong writing and news production skills.
– Demonstrate responsibility and versatility.
– Able to relate to the listening audience and the community.
– Must have an energetic, self-motivated, and out-going personality.
– Have a positive attitude and strong empathy skills.
– Must be punctual and dependable.
– Experience with research practices, broadcast writing, and digital/audio computer editing.
– Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured vehicle.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
– Previous experience in broadcast media.
– Experience operating automation systems.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.