KRCG has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative digital producer to manage and oversee news content for overall fairness, balance, accuracy and engagement online.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to produce, write, edit and post stories (including but not limited to text, video, photos, embedded social media posts, maps and interactive charts) to our digital platforms utilizing a content management system and other digital tools. This person will participate in editorial meetings and work with the reporters and the assignment desk to keep all digital platforms updated. The candidate will also keep track of analytics and work one-on-one with the web team at the corporate level to constantly improve station practices. The idea candidate should be willing and able to adapt with changing technology and social media algorithms. This is not an entry level position.
• Lead and direct news assignments and digital content
• Manage, supervise and train Digital Content Producers
• Special projects as assigned
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
• Organizing and assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
• Tracking success through analytics and other data
• Compiling monthly reports
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Expert knowledge of websites, content management systems, social media platforms, and personal social media usage
• Experience in television news gathering and logistical planning
• Strong news judgment
• A strong team player who can inspire teams to achieve a shared goal
• Experience in creating and executing full-scale digital campaigns with social media and web
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of AP Style
• The ability/willingness to be work a flexible shift including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Other duties as assigned
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team:
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!