KCTV5/KSMO, Meredith Corporation station is seeking an Executive Producer. The Executive Producer directs a team of reporters, producers, editors, and photographers in the production of news products that are high quality and maintain KCTV’s brand. Serves as member of management team; actively engages in ever-improvement of news product. Participates in projects as assigned by News Director.
Essential Job Functions:
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
40% – Oversees quality control and development of news product for station through a team of producers, newscasters, photographers, editors and live technicians.
30% – Gives script and video approval, brainstorms new story ideas, produces shows as necessary.
20% – Ensure that work performed is for all media platforms and initiatives, including for example: on-air, web, digital and social media
10% – Develops direct reports to improve performance as needed
• Three years experience producing in a broadcast television news environment required.
• Experience as an executive producer preferred.
• Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess advanced understanding of legal and ethical issues impacting journalism.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to combine words and pictures into informative and interesting news stories.
• Advanced knowledge of the locale, governing bodies, demographics and public figures a plus.
• Ability to edit stories as necessary.
• Strong initiative and self motivation to create news stories.
• Ability to perform quality work in high-pressure deadline situations.
• Able to balance between planning ahead and getting results.
• INEWS experience a plus
• Adapt to flexible schedule
% Travel Required (Approximate): N/A
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER