The Sales Assistant works within established Sales Department guidelines to maximize station revenue opportunities from an order entry, traffic and accounting perspective. The Sales assistant is also responsible for performing all clerical functions required by department personnel as needed. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products. This position has a focus on research and analysis. Experience with television sales and ratings software is a plus.
• Performs all clerical functions for the Sales Department.
• Maintains program, rate, and ratings system and software
• Creates research slides, presentations, and project management
• Maintains awareness of the most current traffic policies, practices and procedures.
• Enters order, traffic and accounting data using computers, ledgers, orders and other resources.
• Corresponds with customers and confers with coworkers to answer inquiries and resolve account problems.
• Prepares forms and reports.
• Maintains files and other business records.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum one year’s experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the sales or media fields
• High School diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum one year’s experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the sales or media fields
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Prior traffic experience would be a plus, but is not necessary.
Job Req #:
Current Opportunities with Nexstar:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****