MBA Awards Information
2021 MBA Awards Rules and Fees
Deadline for Entries: March 19, 2021
• Entries MUST be received by 11:59:59 pm ET; Friday, March 19, 2021.
• “Complete Newscast” entries MUST have aired between: February 8 – 21, 2021.
• All other entries MUST have aired between March 1, 2020 and February 28, 2021
• Only MBA member stations are eligible to participate. 2021 Membership Dues MUST be paid in full.
• Limit of four (4) entries per category per station.
• All entries must be broadcast “over the air” unless otherwise noted.
• Identical award entries that have won in the previous year, where only dates of the creative have changed, are ineligible. If they have not won in the previous year they can be submitted for entry.
Commercial and non-commercial stations will be judged together. Entries are judged by professionals from other state broadcast associations.
Finalists will be notified via email and regular mail no later than May 14th, 2021.
First Place and Certificates of Merit will be awarded at the annual MBA Awards Banquet on Saturday, August 7th, 2021 at the Hilton Branson Convention Center.
A USB containing award winner entries will be available at the conclusion of the Awards Banquet.
Television Classes by Market Size:
TV stations will be judged in three separate classes in all categories except Station of the Year, Social Media Star, Partners in Education, Breaking Weather Coverage Event, Podcast, Convergent Media, Opinion/Commentary, Social Program and Best Photojournalist.
Class I – Includes stations in Kansas City & St. Louis.
Class II – Includes stations in Cape Girardeau & Springfield.
Class III – Includes stations in all other cities not noted above.
Radio Classes by Market Size:
Radio stations will be judged in three separate classes in all categories except Station of the Year, Social Media Star, Corporate Award for Community Service, Partners in Education, Breaking Weather Coverage Event, Podcast, Convergent Media, and Opinion/Commentary.
Large Market Class – Includes stations in Kansas City and St. Louis.
Medium Market Class – Includes stations in Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Jefferson City, Joplin, St. Joseph & Springfield.
Small Market Class – Includes stations in all other cities not already noted above.
Standard Entry (MO-PEP Participant*)
• Small Market Radio: $20 ($10*)
• Medium Market Radio: $26 ($13*)
• Large Market Radio: $30 ( $15*)
• Television All Classes: $36 ($18*)
*Missouri Public Education Program (MO-PEP) Participants are eligible for half price entry fees.
Please contact Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-636-6692
if you have any questions regarding the MBA Awards.
Duplicate awards are available for order:
First Place awards are $175 (including Shipping). An alternative framed First Place certificate is available for $20.
Framed Certificate of Merit awards are $20 (including shipping).