MBA Awards Information
Entry Deadline: Friday, March 8th
- New this year: Upload times should be improved for large video files. However, as an option, you may submit a video file using a URL link.
- Getting Started: If you submitted entries last year, please use the same user name and password*. Otherwise, please create a new account by clicking the “Enter Today” or “My Account” tab in the website navigation, or you can use Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn via the homepage to login instead.
- Once you are logged in, start your entry by clicking the “Enter Today” link in the website navigation menu.
*If you would like all of your entries for each station to be paid with one invoice, simply set up one account that everyone uses. If you would like separate invoices for stations or departments, entry managers should set up separate accounts.
- Entries MUST be received by 11:59:59 pm ET; Friday, March 8, 2019.
- “Complete Newscast” entries MUST have aired between: February 7 – 20, 2019.
- All other entries MUST have aired between March 1, 2018 and February 28, 2019
- Only MBA member stations are eligible to participate. 2019 Membership Dues MUST be paid in full.
- Limit of four (4) entries per category per station.
- All entries must be broadcast “over the air” unless otherwise noted.
- Identical award entries that have won in the previous year, where only dates of the creative have changed, are ineligible. If they have not won in the previous year they can be submitted for entry.
Commercial and Non-Commercial stations will be judged together. Entries are judged by professionals from other state broadcast associations.
Finalists will be notified via email and regular mail no later than April 19, 2019.
First Place and Certificates of Merit will be awarded at the annual MBA Awards Banquet on Saturday, June 8th, 2019 at the Branson Hilton Convention Center.
A DVD of first place award winning entries will be available at the conclusion of the Awards Banquet.
Television Classes by Market Size
TV stations will be judged in three separate classes in all categories except Station of the Year, Social Media Star, Partners in Education, Breaking Weather Coverage Event and Opinion/Commentary.
Class I – Includes stations in Kansas City & St. Louis.
Class II – Includes stations in Cape Girardeau & Springfield.
Class III – Includes stations in all other cities not noted above.
Radio Classes by Market Size
Radio stations will be judged in three separate classes in all categories except Station of the Year, Social Media Star, Corporate Award for Community Service, Partners in Education, Breaking Weather Coverage Event and Opinion/Commentary.
Large Market Class – Includes stations in Kansas City and St. Louis.
Medium Market Class – Includes stations in Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Jefferson City, Joplin, St. Joseph & Springfield.
Small Market Class – Includes stations in all other cities not noted above.
Entry Fees (*MO-PEP Participants)
1. Small Market Radio $20 ($10)
2. Medium Market Radio $26 ($13)
3. Large Market Radio $30 ($15)
4. Television All Classes $36 ($18)
*Missouri Public Education Program Participants are eligible for half price entry fees.
Please contact Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-636-6692
if you have any questions regarding the MBA Awards.
Duplicate awards are available for order:
First Place awards are $175 (including Shipping). An alternative framed First Place certificate is available for $20.
Framed Certificate of Merit awards are $20 (including shipping).
2018 Convention & Awards Banquet photos – Download photos for free!