Alternative Broadcast “Mock” Inspection Program
The Missouri Broadcasters Association helped to create the Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program (ABIP) which is now used by all state associations across the country in cooperation with the FCC.
How the program works:
- Click here to download the application.
- Once the MBA receives your application, and the “Grace Period” box has been checked, we will notify the FCC that we are in an agreement with your station(s) to perform an inspection within the next 150 days.
- An inspector (employed by the MBA) will schedule the inspection. Non-compliance will not be reported to the FCC or any other governmental agency.
- Stations found “in compliance” will be granted a three year Certificate of Compliance, and your station(s) will be exempt from routine FCC inspections.
- In the event of re-inspection, an additional $100 per site will be charged plus the inspector’s mileage.
- Send a check with the application.
- Call the MBA to pay by credit card.
- Otherwise, the MBA will send an invoice.