On Thursday, May 27, 2021, the FCC announced the tentative agenda for the June Open Meeting, scheduled for Thursday, June 17, 2021. The Agenda items are as follows:
- Protecting Against National Security Threats to the Communications Supply Chain through the Equipment Authorization and Competitive Bidding Program (ET Docket No. 21-232; EA Docket No. 21-233): The Commission will consider a NPRM and Notice of Inquiry seeking comments on steps to secure the nation’s critical communications networks through equipment authorization and competitive bidding. (Fact Sheet)
- Allowing Earlier Equipment Marketing and Importation Opportunities (ET Docket No. 20-382): The Commission will consider a Report and Order to adopt changes to the equipment authorization rules that will allow expanded marketing and importation of radiofrequency devices prior to certification. (Fact Sheet)
- Improving the Emergency Alert System and Wireless Emergency Alerts (PS Docket Nos. 15-94, 15-91): The Commission will consider a Report and Order and FNPRM to implement section 9201 of the National Defense Authorization Act, to improve the way the public receives emergency alerts. (Fact Sheet)
- Improving Robocall and Spoofing Input from Private Entities (EB Docket No. 20-374): The Commission will consider a Report and Order to implement Section 10(a) of the TRACED Act by adopting streamlined processes that allow private entities to alert the Enforcement Bureau about suspected unlawful robocalls. (Fact Sheet)
- Promoting Telehealth for Low-Income Consumers (WC Docket NO. 18-213): The Commission will consider a Second Report and Order that provides guidance on the administration of the Connected Care Pilot Program. (Fact Sheet)
- Exploring Spectrum Options for Devices Used to Mark Fishing Equipment (WT Docket No. 21-230): The Commission will consider a NPRM that would initiate and explore whether to authorize devices that can be used to mark fishing equipment for use on Automatic Identification System channels. (Fact Sheet)
- Improving Low Power FM Radio (MB Docket No. 19-193): The Commission will consider an Order on Reconsideration of a proceeding to modernize LPFM technical rules. (Fact Sheet)
- Enforcement Bureau Action: The Commission will consider an enforcement action.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.