MBA Awards: Rules, Deadlines and Entry Fees
Call for Entries!
The MBA Awards Contest is NOW OPEN! The entry deadline is Wednesday, March 8th.
There are 23 categories this year, including two new ones: Breaking Weather Coverage and Convergent Media.
- Entries MUST be received by 11:59:59 pm ET; Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
- “Complete Newscast” entries MUST have aired between: February 6 – 19, 2017.
- All other entries MUST have aired between February 15, 2016 and February 16, 2017
- Only MBA member stations are eligible to participate. 2017 Membership Dues MUST be paid in full.
- Limit of four (4) entries per category per station.
- All entries must be broadcast “over the air” unless otherwise noted.
- Identical award entries that have won in the previous year, where only dates of the creative have changed, are ineligible. If they have not won in the previous year they can be submitted for entry.
- For broadcasters who have stations managed by the same team in different market categories (i.e. small, medium & large) we would ask that they limit submissions to the largest category.
Commercial and Non-Commercial stations will be judged together. Entries are judged by professionals from other state broadcast associations.
Excerpts and Notification to Winners
Excerpts are no longer required from the station. Finalists will be notified via email and regular mail no later than April 21, 2017.
First Place and Certificates of Merit will be awarded at the annual MBA Awards Banquet on Saturday, June 10th, 2017 at the Hilton Branson Convention Center.
A DVD of award winner entries will be available at the conclusion of the Awards Banquet.
Television Classes by Market Size
TV stations will be judged in three separate classes in all categories except Station of the Year, Social Media Star, Partners in Education, Breaking Weather Coverage Event and Opinion/Commentary.
Class I – Includes stations in Kansas City & St. Louis.
Class II – Includes stations in Cape Girardeau & Springfield.
Class III – Includes stations in all other cities not noted above.
Radio Classes by Market Size
Radio stations will be judged in three separate classes in all categories except Station of the Year, Social Media Star, Corporate Award for Community Service, Partners in Education, Breaking Weather Coverage Event and Opinion/Commentary.
Large Market Class – Includes stations in Kansas City and St. Louis.
Medium Market Class – Includes stations in Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Jefferson City, Joplin, St. Joseph & Springfield.
Small Market Class – Includes stations in all other cities not noted above.
Entry Fees (*MO-PEP Participants)
1. Small Market Radio $20 ($10)
2. Medium Market Radio $26 ($13)
3. Large Market Radio $30 ($15)
4. Television All Classes $36 ($18)
*Missouri Public Education Program Participants are eligible for half price entry fees.
Please contact Terry at email@example.com or 573-636-6692 if you have any questions regarding the MBA Awards.
Duplicate awards are available for order:
First Place awards are $160 (including Shipping). An alternative framed First Place award is available for $20.
Certificate of Merit awards are $20 (including shipping).